Node.js is designed to build large network applications and serves as a server-side platform. Its latest version is v0.10.36. Being open source and cross-platform, Node.js is widely used for creating web applications. When developing a web or app, there are three main parts: the backend, frontend, and servers. The frontend is the visible part of the website where visitors interact with various functionalities. In an e-commerce website, for example, customers can view products, select sizes, add items to their cart, and proceed with the purchase. All these features are presented to customers on the frontend. However, every system also has a backend where the admin manages these details. Node.js plays a crucial role in creating the backend and storing uploaded products in the database.
Why is Node.js used?
There are several reasons why Node.js is widely adopted, including:
- Fast execution: Node.js is built on the Google Chrome V8 engine, enabling fast execution and efficient runtime performance.
- Extensive package availability: The Node Package Manager (NPM) offers over 50,000 packages, providing developers with a wide range of options to enhance their projects. This extensive package ecosystem saves development time.
- Non-blocking I/O model: Node.js does not need to wait for APIs to return data, making it highly efficient for handling multiple concurrent requests.
- Reduced loading time: Node.js minimizes loading time for audio and video content.
Node.js offers specific advantages such as event-driven and non-blocking APIs. It follows an event-driven process to receive and track responses from previous APIs. Its single-threaded architecture enhances scalability, allowing Node.js to handle a large number of requests compared to older servers. The framework promotes scalability, fast code execution, and compatibility across different systems such as Windows, UNIX, LINUX, MacOS, and mobile devices. Node.js does not buffer data in applications, providing real-time communication options through social media, apps, and the web. It enables push notifications and facilitates efficient message handling between senders and receivers.
Available hosting options for Node.js include:
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud Platform
- Microsoft Azure
- RedHat OpenShift Online
Hire Dedicated Flutter developers.
We offer dedicated developers for your application development needs. Hiring dedicated developers provides numerous benefits for companies, including:
- Flexibility in working as per your requirements
- Transparent communication throughout the development process
- Non-disclosure agreements to protect your project's confidentiality
- Budget-friendly options tailored to your specific needs
- 24/7 support and availability
- Expert developers with deep knowledge of Flutter app development
- Faster completion of projects
Get a Quote